Monday, September 05, 2005

The Battle Inside...

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is EVIL. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is GOOD. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenty, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it for a moment and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A friend who is DJHunter said to me: "Evil" is a value judgement, and is based soely on what your "personal do/don't"
rule book. Instead of saying "EVIL" this in my opinion should be changed to
"Shadow".

I answer this: Thank you my friend. I agree the word evil implies a belief that evil exists and in saying this is a judgement. I too do not believe evil exists but only lighter shades of light. Perhaps as you call shadows is the best term. But my son Jonathan placed this message from a email which he received and he did not change the words. I honor your words to me because we are all teachers and students to each other in this experience of physical life we are sharing.

9:44 PM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

:smiles: Perhaps I do not think even the darker sides exist which are maybe shadows and this is the reason I have said lighter shades of light when I mean to say darker shades of light. :smiles:

9:50 PM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home